Katarzyna Chawarska PhD
Associate Professor in the Child Study Center and of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics); Director, Toddler Developmental Disabilities Clinic
Departments & Organizations
Program in Neurodevelopment and Regeneration
Child Study Center: Developmental Disabilities Program | Yale Autism Program | NIMH Research Training Program in Childhood-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders | TIL
Social, cognitive, and emotional development of infants and toddlers with autism and other developmental disorders; eye tracking research of visual attention; early predictors of outcome; prodromal features of ASD in infancy; development of infants at risk for ASD due to genetic factors; treatment of young children with ASD; somatic growth patterns in ASD; more...
- M.A., Jagiellomian Univ., 1986
- Ph.D., Yale University, 2000
- Shic, F., Macari, S. & Chawarska, K. (2013). Speech Disturbs Face Scanning in 6-Month-Olds who develop Autism Spectrum Disorder. Biological Psychiatry Online First.
- Chawarska, K., Macari, S. & Shic, F. (2013). Decreased Spontaneous Attention to Social Scenes in 6-Month-Old Infants Later Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Biological Psychiatry. Online First
- Steiner, A. M., G. W. Gengoux, Klin, A., & Chawarska, K. (2013). "Pivotal response treatment for infants at-risk for autism spectrum disorders: A pilot study." Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 43(1): 91-102.