- Standards for diagnosing autism under review - Video on TODAY.com
- Criticism Continues to Dog Psychiatric Manual as Deadline Approaches. 1 June 2012. Vol 336. SCIENCE. www.sciencemag.org
- BRIEF REPORT: An exploratory study comparing diagnostic outcomes for autism spectrum disorders under DSM-IV-TR with the proposed DSM-5 revision. JADD-12-107R1.
- Sensitivity and Specificity of Proposed DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorder. James C. McPartland, Ph.D., Brian Reichow, Ph.D., Fred R. Volkmar, M.D. JAACAP. Vol 51. www.jaacap.org
- A Critique of the DSM-5 Field Trials. K. Dayle Jones. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. Volume 200. June 2012. www.jonmd.com