Christopher Pittenger MD, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and in the Child Study Center and Assistant Professor of Psychology; Director, Yale OCD Research Clinic; Associate Director, Neuroscience Research Training Program
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Neuroscience
Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program
Child Study Center: NIMH Research Training Program in Childhood-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center | Molecular Psychiatry, Division of | Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Research Clinic
Learning and memory; Habit; CREB; Adeno-associated virus; Behavioral neurobiology; Magnetic resonance spectroscopy; Glutamate; Obsessive-compulsive disorder; Tourette syndrome more...
- B.S., Yale University, 1994
- M.S., Yale University, 1994
- M.Phil., Columbia University, 1998
- Ph.D., Columbia University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, 2002
- Ph.D., Columbia University, 2002
- M.D., Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2003
- Calstellan Baldan, L., Williams, K.A., Gallezot, J.-D., Pogorelov, V., Rapanelli, M., Crowley, M., Anderson, G.M., Loring, E., Gorczyca, R., Billingslea, E., Wasylink, s., Panza, K.E., Ercan-Sencicek, A.G., Krusong, K., Leventhal, B.L., Ohtsu, H., Hughes, Z.A., Krystal, J.H., Mayes, L., de Araujo, I., Ding, Y.-S., State, M.W., and Pittenger, C. (in press). Histidine decarboxylase deficiency causes Tourette syndrome: parallel findings in humans and mice. Neuron, in press.
- Bloch, M.H., Wasylink, S., Landeros-Weisenberger, A., Panza, K.E., Billingslea, E., Leckman, J.F., Krystal, J.H., Bhagwagar, Z., Sanacora, G., and Pittenger C. (2012). Effects of ketamine in treatment-refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder. Biological Psychiatry 72:964-70.
- Pittenger, C., Bloch, M.H., and Williams, K. (2011). Glutamate abnormalities in obsessive-compulsive disorder: neurobiology, pathophysiology, and treatment. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 132:314-32.