Yann B Poncin MD
Assistant Professor in the Child Study Center
Child and adolescent psychiatry; Psychopharmacology or medication management; Individual psychotherapy; Parent guidance for a range of emotional and behavioral concerns
Dr. Poncin is Medical Director of the Children's Inpatient Psychiatric Service and Medical Director of the Child Psychiatric Consultation Service to the Pediatric Emergency Department for Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital. Dr. Poncin views the developmental course of children and adults as shaped by the interactions over time of biological vulnerability, individual psychology, family function, and environment. His interest and experience is in the care of individuals and their families who present with complex psychosocial distress across multiple domains.
- Thomas PK, Poncin YP. Psychopharmacology for the Boards. Oxford University Press, New York, NY 2011
- Poncin Y.B., Thomas, P.K. Lewis's Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Review: 1400 Questions to Help You Pass the Boards. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, 2009.
- Poncin Y.B., Westphal A., Scahill L.S. Miscellaneous Psychopharmacological Agents. In Dulcan M, editor. American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 4th ed., Washington, DC, 2009.
- Poncin Y.B. & Woolston J. Wraparound Services, Systems of Care. In Dulcan M, editor. American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 4th ed., Washington, DC, 2009.
- Poncin, Y.B. & Geyser B. Creation of a Virtual Crisis Intervention Unit to Reduce Emergency Department Overcrowding. Blue ribbon poster presentation at National Association of Children's Hospital's and Related Institutions, 2008.
- Poncin Y.B. Comprehensive Review for Psychiatry Boards. Tampi R, editor. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Washington, DC, 2008.