Wendy K Silverman Ph.D., ABPP
Alfred A. Messer Professor in the Child Study Center and Professor of Psychology; Director, Yale Child Study Center Program for Anxiety Disorders
Child and adolescent phobic and anxiety disorders; Developmental mechanisms; Treatment development and evaluation; Processes of change in treatment outcome
- Silverman, W. K., Pina, A. A., & Viswesvaran, C. (2008). Evidence-based psychosocial treatments for phobic and anxiety disorders in children and adolescents. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 37, 105-130.
- Silverman, W. K., Ortiz, C. D., Viswesvaran, C., Burns, B. J., Kolko, D. J., Putnam, F. W., & Amaya-Jackson, L. (2008). Evidence-based psychosocial treatments for children and adolescents exposed to traumatic events. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 37, 156-183.
- Silverman, W. K., Kurtines, W. M., Jaccard, J., & Pina, A. A. (2009). Directionality of change in youth anxiety treatment involving parents: An initial examination. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 77, 474-485.
- Saavedra, L. M., Silverman, W. K., Morgan-Lopez, A. A., & Kurtines, W. M. (2010). Cognitive behavioral treatment for childhood anxiety disorders: Long-term effects on anxiety and secondary disorders in young adulthood. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 51, 924-934.
- La Greca, A. M., Silverman, W. K., & Jaccard, J. (2010). Hurricane-related exposure experiences and stressors, other life events, and social support: Concurrent and prospective impact on children’s persistent posttraumatic stress symptoms. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 78, 794 - 805.
- Motoca, L. M., Williams, S., & Silverman, W. K. (2012). Social skills as a mediator between anxiety symptoms and peer interactions among children and adolescents. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 41, 329-336.