Nicole Landi PhD
Cognitive and neurobiological bases of reading and language impairment
- Landi, N., Frost, S.F., Mencl, W.E., Preston, J., Jacobsen, L. Lee, M., Yrigollen, K. Pugh, K.R. & Elena, Grigorenko, E. (in press). The COMT Val/Met polymorphism is associated with reading related skills and consistent patterns of functional neural activation. Developmental Science.
- Pugh, K.R., Landi, N., Preston, J.L., Mencl, W.E., Austin, A., Sibley, D., Fulbright, R.K., Seidenberg, M.S. Grigorenko, E., Constable, R.T., Molfese, P., Frost, S.J. (in press). The relationship between phonological and sensorimotor processing skills and the neurocircuitry for reading in emergent readers. Brain and Language.
- Landi, N., Frost, S.J., Mencl, W.E, Sandak, R. & Pugh, K.R. (in press). Neurobiological bases of reading comprehension: Insights from neuroimaging studies of word level and text level processing in skilled and impaired readers. Reading and Writing Quarterly.
- Preston, J.L., Felsenfeld, S.F., Frost, S.J., Mencl, W.E, Fulbright, R.K., Grigorenko, E. Landi, N. & Pugh, K.R., (in press). Functional Brain Activation Differences in School-Age Children with Speech Sound Errors: Speech and Print Processing. Journal of Speech Language and Hearing Research.
- Montoya, J.L., Worhunsky, P.D., Rutherford, H.J.V, Landi, N., Mencl, W.E., Mayes, L.C., & Potenza, M.N. (2012). Regional brain responses in nulliparous women to infant affective facial expressions and cries. PlosOne.7(5): e36270. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0036270.
- Landi, N., Montoya, J., Kober, H., Rutherford, H. J.V., Mencl ,W.E., Worhunsky, P.D., Potenza, M.N. & Mayes, L.C. (2011). Maternal neural responses to infant cries and faces: relationships with substance use. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 2, 1-13.
- Landi, N., Crowley, M.J., Wu, J., Bailey, C. & Mayes, L.C. (2011). Deviant ERP response to spoken non-words among adolescents exposed to cocaine in utero. Brain and Language. DOI: 10.1016/j.bandl.2011.09.002
- Skiba, T., Landi, N. Wagner, R. & Grogorenko, E. (2011) In search for the perfect phenotype: An analysis of linkage and association studies of reading and reading related processes. Behavior Genetics, 41, 120-124.
- Landi, N. Mencl, W.E., Frost, S.J., Sandak, R., Chen, H. & Pugh, K.R. (2010). An fMRI study of multimodal semantic and phonological processing in reading disabled adolescents. Annals of Dyslexia, 60, 102-121.
- Landi, N. (2010). The contribution of high-level and low-level reading skills to adult reading comprehension ability. Reading and Writing, 23, 701- 717. DOI 10.1007/s11145-009-9180-z