Adolescent Psychiatry; Child Psychiatry; Inpatients; Psychiatry
My research interests are the development, implementation and evaluation of effective treatments for childhood onset mental disorders. Current active projects include
- Implementation and evaluation of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and ç management training (PMT) in our Outpatient Clinic;
- Development, implementation, and evaluation of state-wide network of Intensive, In-home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Service (IICAPS).
Specialized Terms: Child and adolescent psychiatry; Inpatient child psychiatry; Intensive home-based treatment; Empirically based practice; Implementation of empirically based practice
- Warnick E, Gonzalez A, Weersing VA, Scahill L, and Woolston J. (In Press). Defining Dropout: How Definitions Shape the Prevalence and Predictors of Attrition. Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
Predictors of treatment attrition among an outpatient clinic sample of youths with clinically significant anxiety.
Gonzalez A, Weersing VA, Warnick E, Woolston J, and Scahill L. (In Press). Predictors of Treatment Attrition among an Outpatient Sample of Anxious Youth. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research.
Selecting measures for use in child mental health services: a scorecard approach.
Warnick, E.M., Weersing, V.R., Scahill, L., Woolston J.L. Selecting Measures for Use in Child Mental Health Services. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research. 36: 112-122, 2009.
Intensive, integrated, in-home psychiatric services: the catalyst to enhancing outpatient intervention.
Woolston, J.L., Berkowitz, S.J., Schaefer, M.C., Adnopoz, J.A. Intensive, integrated, in-home psychiatric services: the catalyst to enhancing outpatient intervention. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, Vol. 7, pp. 615-633, July, 1998.
Implementing evidence-based treatments in organizations
Woolston, J.L. Implementing evidenced-based treatments in organizations. J.Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry, in press
- Woolston, J.L., Adnopoz, J., Berkowitz, S., In-Home Care as a Treatment Option: A New Paradigm for Children with Serious Psychiatric Illness. New Haven: Yale Press. In Press
- Woolston, J.L., Adnopoz, J., Berkowitz, S., Intensive, In-home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Service (IICAPS) Treatment Manual. New Haven: Yale Press. 2007.