Suzanne Macari, PhD, interacts with a child participating in a study of early social development at the Child Study Center.
The Autism Program at Yale is an interdisciplinary group of clinicians and scholars dedicated to providing comprehensive clinical services to children with autism spectrum disorders and their families. We are also one of the leading research centers in the world and were recently recognized as a National Institutes of Health Autism Center of Excellence. Our program involves infants, toddlers, pre-school, and school-age children, as well as young adults (18-21 years) with autism and related disorders and integrates highly experienced professionals from the fields of clinical psychology, neuropsychology and neuroimaging, child psychiatry, speech-language pathology, social work, genetics and the biological sciences, as well as psychopharmacology and psychiatric nursing. Our clinical and research activities are located in the Child Study Center at Yale University, School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut.
If you are interested in a Clinical Evaluation please click here for more information!
- Read about Dr. James McPartland's new multi-site research initiative called the Autism Biomarkers Consortium for Clinical Trials.
- Read about how Dr. Pamela Ventola and the CTDN are making a Unique Effort to Study Autism in Girls.
- The Yale Autism Program will have 2 Oral Presentations and 43 Poster Presentations at this year's IMFAR (International Meeting for Autism Research) on May 13-16, 2015 in Salt Lake City, UT. Click here for a list of presentations and authors.
- Dr. Kevin Pelphrey will be the featured speaker on April 6, 2015 for the NIMH/OARC Special Lecture Series for Autism Awareness Month! His lecture Frankie and Me will be live videocast at 2pm on April 6th!
- On Wednesday, November 26, 10 AM, Kathy Koenig, the Director of the Initiative for Girls and Women with ASDs will be interviewed on "Talk of the Town", WATR, 1320-AM, by longtime radio host, Larry Rifken. Larry & Kathy will be speaking about the challenges of intervention for all children with autism spectrum disorders, and of course, the issues unique to girls and women with a spectrum diagnosis. Kathy will be describing the aims of the Initiative and the challenges of finding funding for programs for girls and women.
- The Yale Autism Program will have 5 Oral Presentations and 30 Poster Presentations at this year's IMFAR (International Meeting for Autism Research) on May 14-17th in Atlanta, GA. Click here and here for presentations and authors.
- Watch Dr. Kevin Pelphrey on CBS News talking about the work being done here at Yale with individuals with ASD!
- Yale's work using Pivotal Response Treatment is featured in the New York Times. See how PRT is helping those with ASD! Read article here...
- Learn about Yale's exciting new Virtual Reality-Social Cognition Training Study and how it's helping Adults with ASD! Read article here...
- The Yale Autism Program's Dr. McPartland talks about clinical and research approaches to severe autism on SFARI.org
- Oxytocin Found to Stimulate Social Brain Regions in Children With Autism read more about Yale's Ilanit Gordon, Ph.D. and Kevin Pelphrey, Ph.D. research featured in the New York Times!
- Introducing the Initiative for Girls and Women with Autism Spectrum Disorders at the Yale Child Study Center. See our page under "Clinical Services"
- Please join us in congratulating the Yale Autism Program's Dr. James McPartland, who received the 2013 Annual Klerman Prize for is work from the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation! To learn more or to watch a presentation of Dr. McPartland's work, please click here.
- Introducing the Yale Integrated Care Clinic for Autism (YICCA) for Adolescents and Adults! Learn more here...
- The 2013 Yale Child Study Center Annual Summer Institute on Autism Spectrum Disorders was on July 22 - July 24th.
- VIDEO: Autism Q&A with the Autism Program's Dr. James McPartland!Click here to watch the video to learn more about ASD and what's going on at our program!
- Autism Program Clinician Kathy Koenig's book Practical Social Skills for Autism Spectrum Disorders: Designing Child-Specific Interventions is being featured in Yale Medicine Spring 2013 Edition.